Valid from: 1 October 2018
SL enterprises respects your right to privacy and takes your personal data protection extremely seriously. We undertake to process your personal data with care and responsibility.
This Personal Data Protection Policy (hereinafter referred to as: Policy) defines how your data is collected, purposes for which we collect it, parties we share your data with, and your rights regarding the protection of personal data.
2. CONTROLLER OF PERSONAL DATA
This Policy applies to all personal data collected and stored by SL enterprises EOOD, Opalchenska str. 46–48, fl.7, Sofia 1303, Bulgaria (hereinafter referred to as SL enterprises, We, Us).
As a data controller, SL enterprises is responsible for processing and storage of your personal data.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy or this Policy, or you wish to enforce any of your data protection rights, please contact us at the email listed below.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. POLICY APPLICATION
This Policy applies to:
- all users of our website (hereinafter referred to as: website)
- registration on our website and use of your personal account
- any enquiries you make, regardless of the communication channel, such as e-mail, online form or telephone
- use of our online store (whether as a guest or as a registered user)
- use of our video platform, available on our website
- registration and participation on our webinars
- use of social media plug-ins, available on our website
This section explains the basic terms used throughout our Policy.
Personal data means any information that refers to a specific or identifiable individual (for example, name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number and identifiers that are specific to the individual’s physical, physiological, genetic, economic, mental, cultural or social identity, etc.).
Controller means a legal entity that determines the purposes and means of processing of your personal data.
Processor means a legal or natural person who processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
Processing means collecting, storing, accessing and all other forms of use of personal data.
Security incident means any intentional or unintentional interference, alteration, destruction, erasure or any other unauthorised access to personal data processed by the Data Controller.
EEA means the European Economic Area, which includes all Member States of the European Union, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.
5. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA (category of personal data, processing purposes and legal basis)
5.1. General information regarding personal data processing
Data collecting and processing purposes
SL enterprises processes your personal data for clearly stated and legitimate purposes, explained in detail below. Your personal data will not be processed for any purposes not defined in this Policy. Additionally, we will not process your personal data in a manner not compatible with the processing purposes below.
We collect your personal data when you provide it to us (for example, using our website, signing up for our webinar, enquiring by e-mail or telephone).
Categories of data we gather from you:
- identification data (first name, last name, company name, VAT number)
- contact data (telephone number, e-mail, address)
- additional information you provide (birth date, interests, etc.)
- data needed for processing of your purchase (data on payment instrument etc.)
Categories of data collected through your use of services includes different categories related to your activity on our website and/or online store.
If there is a need to process personal data for any additional purposes, we shall notify you about such processing in advance. Should a consent be necessary for such processing, we shall notify you and ask for your consent before processing personal data.
Legal basis for data processing
We may process your personal data on these legal bases:
Contractual relationship. We process your personal data on the basis of a contractual relationship that you enter into with us (such as ordering a product from our online store).
Legitimate interest. We process your personal data when SL enterprises has a legitimate interest in processing. You can find more information regarding legitimate interest in
Section 5.2 below.
Consent. We process your personal data when you have given consent for the specific purposes of processing. You are always entitled to withdraw that consent.
Legal obligation. We process your personal data when we are obliged to do so by law.
Providing personal data is obligatory only when providing personal data is demanded by law. Providing personal data on any other legal basis (see above) is voluntary.
At this point, we wish to inform you that if you refuse to provide certain personal data, we may be unable to provide you with some services we offer (e.g., if you refuse to provide us with your e-mail, we can not send you the newsletter; if you fail to provide us with your address, we can not deliver the ordered goods).
5.2. Information on processing of your personal data
We process your personal data for the purposes explained below. SL enterprises may process your personal data for one or several of the processing purposes.
For further clarification we divided the processing purposes into three sections: the first section includes general processing purposes related to the use of our website; the second section refers to the processing purposes related to account registration on our website; and the third section presents processing purposes related to the online store.
- General processing purposes [JGI2]
- Notifications about our products and services (sending newsletters). In order to send these notifications, we process the following categories of personal data: first name, last name, e-mail, categories of interest. We send these notifications on the basis of our legitimate interest to ensure a successful and longstanding relationship with our clients, and to optimise our business activities. When sending notifications, we use certain marketing tools, allowing us to personalise the content and extract statistical data from sent newsletters (such as checking if the recipient opened the newsletter and/or read any of the contents, etc.). We will use these marketing tools only if you consent.
- Sending personalised notifications about products and services (sending personalised newsletters). When sending notifications, we will be using certain marketing tools, enabling us to get statistical data and also personalise content of the newsletter in order to make our newsletter more relevant for you. We will use personalised notification only on the basis of your prior and explicit consent.
- Communication with individuals on the basis of your enquiries, regardless of the communication channel (e-mail, telephone number, web form). During communication, we may process different categories of personal data, as this depends on the type of the enquiry. However, we always process these categories: communication channel used by the individual to contact us and identification data (such as name, surname). We collect and process personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest to guarantee quality information about our products and services.
- Providing free digital materials. When [JGI3] providing digital materials to individuals, we collect these categories of personal data: e-mail address.
- Conducting user satisfaction surveys. Categories of personal data processed differ depending on the subject of the survey; however, we always process your e-mail address. We conduct user satisfaction surveys on the basis of our legitimate interest to improve and optimise our business activities.
- Conducting digital marketing. We use different marketing tools to promote our products and services, such as remarketing and tracking. We also gather data about your activity on our website. We use digital marketing solely upon your explicit and prior consent.
- Gathering data for statistical analyses. In order to conduct statistical analyses, we gather data about activities of users of our website, such as number of visits, dates of visits, etc. We process and store this data in aggregated and anonymous way. Statistical analyses are conducted on the basis of our legitimate interest to provide an efficient and optimised website.
- Transmission of personal data to third parties. We transmit your personal data solely to third parties listed in
Section 7 of this Policy.
- To enforce any legal claims and to settle disputes. In order to protect our business activities and/or protect our rights, we may disclose your personal data. We disclose your personal data only in accordance with the law.
- Processing purposes, regarding registration of personal account on our website
- Automatic registration of your personal account.
When you buy something in our online store, buy (or gain) access to our webinars or seminars on our video platform, a personal account will be automatically created for you in order to enable you to use our services quickly and easily. You can view and manage your account at
this link. The automatically created account will be deleted after twelve months of non-use.
However, you can choose to register before making a purchase, using
this link. In order to create an account for you, we will process these categories of personal data: first name, last name, e-mail address, password, date of birth*. The data marked with a [*] is voluntary and you can submit it if you choose to do so.
Registration is still possible if you do not provide this data. We will process your data on the basis of your prior and explicit consent.
If you choose to provide your date of birth, we will be able to send you a small birthday present each year as a token of our gratitude for being our member. We process your personal data for registration and use of your personal account on the basis of your explicit and prior consent. We also process data about your date of birth on the basis of your prior and explicit consent.
- Enabling the use your personal account.
After the registration (see point above), you will be able to use your account in order to change your data or add new data if you choose to do so. You can add these categories of new data: [vstaviti katere kategorije lahko dodajo ko urejajo svoj profil]. We will process this data on the basis of our legitimate interest to ensure our clients can use their accounts effectively. We will process this data for the purpose of digital marketing solely with your consent (see section “Conducting digital marketing” above).
- Use of our video platform, including payments. When you use our video platform, a personal account is automatically generated for you. For information on processing personal data, please see the detailed explanation in section “Automatic registration of your personal account” above. We process your personal data on the basis of a contractual relationship.
- Processing your applications to access our webinars, including payments. When you buy access to our webinars, a personal account is automatically generated for you. For information on processing personal data, please see the detailed explanation in section “Automatic registration of your personal account” above. We process your personal data on the basis of a contractual relationship. In order to access a webinar, you need to provide the following data: [vstaviti tiste osebne podatke, ki jih posameznik vpiše, da lahko gleda webinar (torej po nakupu]. We process this data to verify authenticity of the user on a legal basis of our legitimate interest to prevent frauds and payment defaults. We provide webinars for you in cooperation with external processors.
- Processing purposes, regarding online store
- Enabling the use of the online store accessible on our website (using online store with personal account). In order to fulfil an online store order made by an individual with a personal account, we process these categories of personal data: first name, last name, company name (when applicable), e-mail, address, country, city, postal code, mobile number, as well as personal data you provided for your personal account. We process your personal data on the basis of a contractual relationship.
- Conducting statistical analyses regarding customer data, orders and potential buyers. When conducting statistical analyses, we gather different categories of personal data: date and number of visits, cart history, etc. We conduct statistical analyses on the basis of our legitimate interest to ensure effective and optimal online store for our users.
5.3. Storage period
We will store your personal data:
- only as long as it is absolutely necessary to fulfil the purposes of processing,
- for a period prescribed by the law,
- for the period necessary for the fulfilment of the contract, including any guarantees and/or assurance periods, and any period in which it is possible to enforce any claims on the basis of a concluded contract.
Personal data gathered on the basis of your consent is stored permanently, until you withdraw your consent. We will delete your personal data even if you don’t withdraw your consent if the processing purpose is fulfilled.
After the expiration of the retention period, we will delete or anonymised the personal data so that the reconstruction of personal data will no longer be possible.
Retention periods for each category of personal data are defined in Annex 1 below.
Should you have any questions, please contact us using any of the contact details listed in Section 2 of this Policy.
6. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
SL enterprises protects your personal data against (intentional or unintentional) destruction, damage, erasure and any other form of unauthorised access and/or processing. In order to ensure safety of your personal data, we have implemented several technical and organisational measures, related to our technological capabilities and your privacy rights.
Amongst others, we use technical and organisational measures described below:
- restricting access to personal data
- regular maintenance and updates of our hardware and software, where the personal data is stored
- making safety copies of personal data to prevent loss of data
- supervising all persons that have access to personal data
- establishing protocols to prevent or minimise damage in the event of potential security incidents
In case of a security incident, we shall report such an incident immediately to the competent supervisory authority.
In the event of a suspected security incident that might constitute a criminal offence, we will notify the police and competent state prosecutor’s office.
In the event of a violation of data protection that may represent a high risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, we will inform you of such an event without undue delay.
7. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to fulfil the processing purposes (the list of processing purposes is available here [JGI5]), we transmit data to third parties. We transmit your data solely to third parties listed below. These parties are not allowed to process your personal data for any other purposes other than those that the data was gathered for.
All third parties that we transmit personal data to are obligated to respect data protection legislation and this Policy. Our relationship with these third parties is further defined by contractual agreements.
We transmit your personal data to: [JGI6]
- Our external processors. They are responsible for the needs of SL enterprises (such as accountants, law firms, marketing companies, platforms enabling access to our webinars, etc.)
- Our partners, who are selling products and services on our online store. We transmit to our partners only the categories of personal data necessary for them to execute orders.
- Our affiliates, who are involved in marketing activities of the web site and online store. We transmit to our affiliates only the categories of personal data necessary to fulfil obligations of contractual relationship with us.
- When transmission of data is obligatory under the law (such as tax bodies, courts of law, etc.).
In certain circumstances, we transmit your personal data outside of the European Economic Area. When executing such transfers, we ensure that the security level of your personal data stays the same.
8. WEB PLUG-INS AND ACCESS TO SOCIAL NETWORKS
On our website we provide you with options to use buttons of the following social networks: Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, Twitter. [JGI7]
Privacy policies are available at the links provided below:
Any use of social media enabled on our website is in the sole responsibility of each individual. Every individual is obligated to address any questions and/or claims directly to the relevant social media.
SL enterprises does not assume any responsibility for use of social networks.
Our website uses several types of cookies, as listed below:
- Necessary cookies. Necessary cookies let you navigate the website and login to your secure account. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used to identify you or for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
- Performance cookies. Performance cookies collect information about how you use the website. We use performance cookies to provide statistics on how our website is used, and help us improve the website by logging any errors that occur and test different designs of our website.
- Functionality cookies. Functionality cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit. We use functionality cookies to remember settings you’ve applied, provide proactive live chat sessions, and to show you when you're logged in to the website.
- Marketing cookies. Marketing cookies are used to show you personalised ads that are relevant for you. We also use marketing cookies to analyse effectiveness of the ads. We use first-party marketing cookies (our own) and third party-marketing cookies installed by other parties.
10. RIGHTS OF INDIVIDUALS
You have the following rights regarding personal data processing:
- Access to personal data: On your request, we will provide you with a notification whether we process personal data about you and, should you request it, enable you to access your personal data and provide information about the processing (which data is processed and from where this data originated).
- Correction of personal data: On your request, we will correct or complete your incomplete or inaccurate data being processed.
- Restriction of personal data processing: On your request, we will restrict processing of your personal data. This right can be exercised only in the following situations:
- When you contest the accuracy of the personal data we process.
- When you oppose the erasure of the personal data, despite the fact the data was processed unlawfully.
- When you need the personal data in order to exercise a legal claim.
- When you object to the processing of personal data (see point f below).
- Deletion of personal data: On your request, we will delete your personal data (we can not delete the personal data we keep on the basis of legal requests or contractual relations).
- Printout of personal data: On your request, we will provide you with the personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form.
- Revocation of consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing of your personal data, which we collect and process on the basis of consent, at any time. The consent may be withdrawn by contacting us using the contact information provided in
Section 2 of this Policy. A withdrawal of consent will have no negative consequences; however, SL enterprises might no longer be able to provide you with certain services.
- Objection to personal data processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, when processing is for direct marketing purposes or if your personal information is transmitted to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. You can also object to processing when your data is used for direct marketing purposes using customised or individual offers (“profiling”). You can submit an objection in any manner defined in
Section 2 of this Policy.
- The right to data transmission: You have the right to request the printout of personal data that you have provided to us. We will provide you with the information in a structured, widely used and machine-readable form. You are entitled to provide this data to another controller of your choice. Where technically feasible, you may request that your personal data be transmitted directly to another controller.
Contacts for exercising your rights:
If you have any questions regarding the application of this Policy or regarding exercising your rights arising from this Policy, please contact us at
You have the right to file a complaint against us with the Information Commissioner, who is the competent authority for the protection of personal data.
Please notify us of any changes of your personal data using the above contact information. We will take care of the correction of your personal data as soon as possible.
If you are exercising any of the above rights, we may require additional personal data (such as name, surname, e-mail address) for identification purposes. We will only need additional information when the information you provide is not sufficient for reliable identification (we want to prevent your personal data from being transmitted to a third party due to unreliable identification).
11. FINAL PROVISIONS
At SL enterprises, we reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. We shall notify you of the change of the Policy on our website. If you continue to use our website and other services defined by this Policy after the new version enters into force, we shall consider that you agree with the new version of this Policy.
The current version of this Policy is available on our website at this link.
Annex 1: Definition of retention periods
|Notifications about our products and services (sending newsletters)
|Sending personalised notifications about products and services (sending personalised newsletters)
|Communication to provide quality responses to your enquiries
||1 month[JGI8] after the end of communication
|Providing free digital materials
|Conducting user satisfaction surveys
|Conducting digital marketing
|Gathering data for statistical analyses
|Enabling registration and use of your personal account
|Use of our video platform, including payments
|Processing your applications to our webinars, including payments
|Enabling the use of the online store accessible on our website
|Conducting statistical analyses regarding customer data, orders and potential buyers
||12 months [JGI11]